A 90-minute TeleConference
TUESDAY, July 19 , 2011
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
Moderator: Mary Ellen Signorille , AARP Foundation Litigation, Washington, DC
Panelists: Robert Rachal, Proskauer, New Orleans, LA and Teresa Renaker, Lewis, Feinberg, Lee, Renaker & Jackson, PC, Oakland, CA
Supreme Court decisions in Cigna v. Amara, AT&T v. Concepcion, Dukes v. Wal-mart, U.S. v. Jicarilla Apache Nation and others may change the strategy of bringing and defending ERISA class action litigation. The panel will discuss the following:
- Amara’s Impact on Class Actions and Remedies
- What are equitable remedies post-Amara?
- When is money available post-Amara?
- How does Amara impact disclosure-based class actions?
- What Forms of Equitable Relief Potentially Support Class Certification?
- Dukes, Concepcion, Halliburton: Their Impact on ERISA Class Actions
- Jicarilla: Does it Change the Analysis of ERISA''s Fiduciary Exception?
**If you are paying by check, mail to ABA-JCEB, 740 15th Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20005**