A 90-minute TeleConference
MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
Joy Mercer, Joy M. Mercer PC, Florham Park, NJ
Andrew Zuckerman, Director, EP Rulings & Agreements, TEGE, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC
Avaneesh Bhaghat, Program Coordinator, Employee Plans Voluntary Compliance, TEGE, Internal Revenue Service, Laguna Niguel, CA
Vickie Surguy, Manager, EP Determinations, TEGE, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, DC
Craig Westbrook, Overby, Graham, Strigel & Westbrook, PLC, Little Rock, AR
Is the IRS considering changes to the determination letter program and interim amendment requirements, now that a full cycle has been completed? We will have a discussion with Andrew Zuckerman, Director of EP Rulings and Agreements about where the program is today and what changes they are considering making.
The following questions will be addressed:
- What alternatives to the interim amendments requirements is the IRS considering?
- What is the status of cases already submitted?
- Are there submissions being held in suspense and what are the issues?
- What changes does the IRS anticipate being made to the determination letter program? When, how and how much?
- What are the rules for submitting late amendments under VCP?