A 90-minute TeleConference
1:00-2:30 pm ET / 12:00-1:30 pm CT / 11:00 am-12:30 pm MT / 10:00 am-11:30 am PT
TUESDAY, December 18, 2012
Stacey C.S. Cerrone, Proskauer Rose, LLP, New Orleans, LA
Dane L. Steffenson, Senior Trial Attorney, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of Labor, Atlanta, GA
Denise M. Clark, Clark Law Group, PLLC, Washington, DC
Yolanda D. Montgomery, Deputy Director & Associate Counsel, SEIU Benefit Funds, Washington, DC
Benefits lawyers encounter special issues under the ethics rules because they often provide advice to entities and individuals serving multiple roles with respect to ERISA governed plans. The panelists will discuss their Top 10 List of Concerns emerging from recent developments in the area including the latest case law, ERISA Section 408(b)(2) and PPACA. The following questions will be addressed:
- How do you protect attorney-client privilege?
- What is the fiduciary exception?
- What is the impact of the fiduciary exception with respect to multi-employer plans?
- What is the DOL’s view on developing case law and Section 408(b)(2)?
- What is the impact of recent developments in case law?
- What duties are imposed under Section 408(b)(2)?
- How does PPACA impact an attorney’s ethical obligations going forward?