This Health & Welfare Plans National Institute includes an in-depth focus on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Attend the program to learn what you need to know about the implications of the Supreme Court’s decision and the reactions and perspectives of top policy makers, as well as to hear from government speakers about recent and upcoming guidance. Find out how companies are responding and what approaches they are taking to comply. In addition to a lively update on legislative, regulatory and other developments featuring top speakers from government agencies, Capitol Hill and the private bar, the program will cover health and welfare plan litigation and HIPAA HITECH compliance and offer practical breakouts and two ethics sessions.
ATTEND THE PROGRAM AND LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT:
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA): Analysis of the Supreme Court Decision
- PPACA: Federal Legislation--What May Happen
- PPACA: The Tri-Agency Reaction to the Supreme Court Decision
- Tri-Agency Perspectives on Health Care Reform
- Employer Perspectives on Health Care Reform
- Ethical Considerations in Health and Welfare Benefit Plans (Ethics Session)
- Hot Topics in Health and Welfare Plan Litigation
- HIPAA HITECH Compliance: Challenges for Plan Sponsors
- The Department of Labor Update
- IRS and Department of the Treasury Update
- Benefits for Domestic Partners, Same Sex Spouses, and Civil Union Couples
- Managing Your Health and Welfare Benefit Plans Prudently: Fiduciary Concerns (Ethics Session)
- What Happens in 2014?
- Wellness Programs
- Insurance Exchanges: How the States are Reacting to / Handling Health Care Reform
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All lawyers seeking a comprehensive overview of health and welfare benefit plans and health care reform
- Practitioners requiring information directly from the Administration, Capitol Hill, Internal Revenue Service, EEOC, Department of Labor, and Department of Health
- Personnel managers, human resource professionals, accountants, and actuaries involved in the establishment or administration of these plans
- Health care professionals who want timely legislative and litigation updates, and information on current practices and health care reform